Robot PRIDE Competition is organize along with the 2012 International Symposium on Robotics and Intelligent Sensors (IRIS2012) in Kuching Sarawak Malaysia from 4 to 6 September 2012. The competiton aim to explore innovative idea and design within the scope of robotics and sensors. The competition focus on fundemental and application engineering elements with potential of further exploration as commercial products.
PRIDE is stand for: P (Performance), R (Reliability), I (Innovation), D (Design), E (Exploratory)
The competition is devided into 3 Categories: School, Colleage/University, Company
Term and condition:
- The product or system is original and not a commercial product or system.
- The product or system that have been patented or have been presented in other competition is also eligible to participate in the competition.
- The judging criterias are based on P (Performance), R (Reliability), I (Innovation), D (Design), E (Exploratory).
- Interested participants are required to submit a proposal explaining about the product or system to email@example.com by 31st May 2012. Please list down the team members that will participate in the competition and selected category. The shortlisted proposal will be notify by 15th June 2012.
- The conference organizer will not cover any logistic and travel costs to bring the team and product or system to the event.
- Minimum of 2 members are required for each participating team.
Selected judges will giving marks at the following sessions:
- Disply booth (Each team is encourage to prepare poster, promotion materials, etc.) – First day of the conference.
- Oral presentation and live performance at the “Robot PRIDE Competition” session – First day of the conference.
Winner of each category will receive thropy, cash prize and certificate. All participating team will receive certificate of appreciation from the organizer.
Registration and Fees
Entry registration fees per team*: RM200/USD70 (School), RM300/USD100 (Colleage/University), RM500/USD170 (Company)
*Entry fee is mostly to cover space rental fee in the event. Participating team members are required to pay their registration fees according to their categories in the conference registration list. Minimum 2 members of each team must register to the conference.
IRIS2012 Secretariat: firstname.lastname@example.org