- Humanoid Robotics: Design and control of humanoid robot system, biped analysis, teleoperation, humanoid navigation, human-robot interaction.
- Robot Grasping and Dexterous Manipulations: Design and control of multi-fingered robot arm, robot grasping and manipulation, control architecture of tactile sensing-based manipulations, visual-tactile sensing fusion.
- Rehabilitation Robotics: Robot-based intervention therapy for autism children and CP.
- Tactile Sensor: Design and control of tactile sensors, tactile affordance, haptic interaction, virtual reality interface, image processing.
- Defense and Rescue Robot: Manned Aerial Robotic Vehicle (Robot for ALL Terrain Project (RAT))
- Mechatronics Systems and Engineering: Robotics, kinematics, dynamics, neural network, genetic algorithm, programming (C, C++, Visual Basic), intelligent drive recording systems.
- Human Science: Human sensing, human psychophysics.
- Biological Inspired Sensor System: Biological sensor and actuator based on plant cell sensing mechanism.
ON-GOING RESEARCH PROJECTS
i) Humanoid Robot Assisted Autism Therapeutic Network Platfform: HuRoBs, FKE, Medic, NASOM
ii) Robot for All Terrain Project (RAT): HuRoBs, AERc, ARTEc, FKE
iii) Biological Inspired Tactile Sensor System : HuRoBs, FKK, Pharmacy, UPM, Nagoya Univ.
iv) Development of 1st Malaysian Humanoid Robot : HuRoBs, FKE, FKSM
v) Robopreneur Project : HuRoBs and MASMED
(Application for PhD and Master Course Students are open for the above research topics)
Current Postgraduate Students Supervision:
Bakri Ali (PhD-UiTM) – Tactile sensor
Syamimi Samsuddin (PhD-UiTM) – Rehabilitation Robotics (Autism)
Luthffi Idzhar Ismail (Master-UiTM) – Rehabilitation Robotics (Autism)
Hafizan Hashim (PhD-UiTM) – Rehabilitation Robotics (Autism)
Siti Nora (PhD-UiTM) – Tactile Biosensor
- Nor Jasween Abdul Malik (Master-UiTM) – Rehabilitation Robotics (CP)
- Mohd Azfar Miskam (Master-UiTM) – Humanoid Robotics
Current Undergraduate Students Supervision:
Mohamad Reza Md Taib (Bachelor in Mechanical Eng -UiTM) – Humanoid Robot
Ibra Adeni Ahmad Jelani (Bachelor in Mechanical Eng -UiTM) – Humanoid Robot
Muhammad Noor Azam (Bachelor in Mechanical Eng -UiTM) – Tactile Sensor
Harmilia Arjan (Bachelor in Mechanical Eng -UiTM) – Tactile Sensor
Husni Mohamad Fadzil (Bachelor in Mechanical Eng -UiTM) – Biosensor
Mohd Azfar Miskam (Bachelor in Mechanical Eng -UiTM) – Rehabilitation Robot
Mohd Aminullah Che Hamid (Bachelor in Mechanical Eng -UiTM) – Rehabilitation Robot
- Sukarnur Che Abdullah (PhD-Nagoya Univ. graduated 2012) – “Hand-Arm Robot Manipulation Using Image and Tri-Axial Tactile Data”
- Naoto Hoshikawa (PhD-Nagoya Univ. graduated 2012)- “Behavior Acquisition of Robots Equipped with Multi-Sensors”
- Zhou Yiru (PhD-Nagoya Unv. graduated 2012)- “Virtual Reality Generated by Pressure and Slippage Tactile Display”
- Muhammad Saufi Othoman (UiTM Bachelor Degree, 2011)-Humanoid Robot
- Ahmad Sidqi Mohammad (UiTM Bachelor Degree, 2011)-Tactile Sensor
- Mohd Akram Mohd Arifin (UiTM Bachelor Degree, 2011)-Humanoid Robot
- Muhamad Hafiz Mustafa Kamal (UiTM Bachelor Degree, 2011)-Humanoid Robot
- Amirul Izzat Azizan (UiTM Bachelor Degree, 2011)-Sensor System
- Abdullah Chami (Nagoya Univ. PhD, 2010)-Human Psycophysics
- Jiro Wada (Nagoya Univ. Master Degree, 2009)-Robotics and Tactile Sensor
- Foo Jin Hang, PhD conversion from Master in Engineering Science, Monash University, Malysia, May 2012
Yew Cheong Hou, Master of Mechanical Engineering, “Modeling of Elestic Deformable Object for Manipulation by Robot”, College of Graduate Studies, Universiti Tenaga Nasional, Malaysia, March 2012
Md. Akhtaruzzaman, Master in Mechatronics Engineering, “Optimal navigation System for Legged Robot in Indoor Environment”, Dept. of Mechatronics Engineering, Kulliyah of Engineering, International Islamic University Malaysia, September 2011.
Mohd Farid Bin Md Alias, Master in Mechatronics Engineering, “Development of Cognitive Humanoid Robot”, Dept. of Mechatronics Engineering, Kulliyah of Engineering, International Islamic University Malaysia, September 2011.
- Prima Adhi Yudhistira, Master in Mechnical Engineering, “Developing Mechanism Design for Transformable Wheelchair”, Faculty of Mechanical and Manufacturing, Universiti Tun Hussein Onn Malaysia, April 2011.
- Editorial Board Member of International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems (ARS).
- Editorial Board Member of International Journal of Computer Vision and Signal Processing (IJCVSP).
- Guest Editor, International Journal of Advanced Robotic Systems (ARS), special issue “Smart Sensors for Smart Robots”, 2012
- Guest Editor, International Journal of Social Robotics (IJSR) by Springer, special issue “Interactive Robotics and Sensor Systems (IRSS)”, 2011.
- Editor of book “Robot Localization and Map Building” by In-Tech Publication, Vienna, 2010.
- Guest Editor, International Journal on Smart Sensing and Intelligent Systems (IJSSIS), 2010.
- Guest Editor, Journal of Computer Science by Science Publication (JCS), special issue on Robotics and Intelligent Sensors, 2010.
- Prof. Masahiro Ohka, Nagoya University, Japan
- Dr. Ravinder Dahiya, FBK, Italy
- Assoc. Prof. Adel Al-Jumaily, UTS, Australia
- Prof. Emiritus Yasuo Nasu, Yamagata University, Japan
- Prof. Genci Capi, Toyama University, Japan
- Dr. Mitsuhiro Yamano, Yamagata University, Japan
- Prof. Ahmed Jaffar, UiTM, Malaysia
- Associate Prof. Muhammad Azmi Ayub, UiTM, Malaysia
- Dr. Nikolaos Mavridis, UAE University, UAE
Associate Prof. Khalid Hassan, UTHM, Malaysia
Prof. Yongtae Do, Daegu University, Korea
Associate Prof. Mohd Rizal Arshad, USM, Malaysia
Prof. Ishkandar Baharin, UniKL, Malaysia
Dr. Nur Ismarrubie Zahari, UPM, Malaysia
Dr. Fazah Akhtar Hanapiah, Medic. Fac. UiTM, Malaysia
Dr. Mazlifah Omar, Medic. Fac. UiTM, Malaysia
Assoc. Prof. Dr. Eizwan Hamdie Yusoff, Medic. Fac. UiTM, Malaysia
- Assoc. Prof. Ismail Musirin, UiTM, Malaysia
- Complex System Computing Lab., Nagoya University, Japan
- Center of Excellence for Humanoid Robotics and Bio-Sensing (HuRoBs), UiTM, Malaysia